- The teenage drug user has a greater risk of addiction due to the maturity of the brain. The part of the brain that controls impulses is not as developed as an adults brain.
- There are many factors that cause substance abuse including family, social, individual, and genetic factors.
- There are various methods of treatment for teenage substance abuse. A facility like Clearbrook Lodge should be consulted to find the proper avenue to take.
- 16% of eighth grade students have already used alcohol. 29% of tenth grade students have already used alcohol.
- More than two thirds of tenth grade students have said that marijuana is very easy to obtain. 30% of the same demographic have admitted to using marijuana in the last year.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Teen Drug Abuse Facts, Signs, and Treatment
Teen Drug Abuse Facts
Posted by Clearbrook Treatment Centers at 8:09 AM