Friday, March 25, 2011

Tradition 3

"The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking"


Thank God that this tradition was written. The only thing that we have to have is a desire to stop drinking and nothing else. When some of us come into the rooms we see the steps on the wall and think that God is a must to be in AA/NA. With the tradition written that is not the case. Many people in recovery had an issue with the God aspect of the program. With years and years of drinking most of us didn't think about a higher power too much. Then we learn that through the steps of the program we will achieve some degree of belief.

It doesn't matter if we're white or black, male or female, lawyer or homeless. We all have the right to be in the rooms as long as we have the desire to stop drinking. What a blessing.

Daily Gratitude:

I am grateful that my slips are behind me. Today I will do the things that protect me from a slip. I pray that I do the right things to remain sober.

No comments: